To woo the farmers of Telangana, Congress has promised to provide interest free crop loans up to Rs 20 lakh and loan waiver up to Rs 1 lakh. Congress has made this promise while releasing its manifesto for the state assembly elections on November 30. Apart from this, promises like giving Rs 2500 every month to women, LPG cylinder for Rs 500, free travel in bus and 200 units of free electricity have been made.
Congress national president Mallikarjun Kharge released the manifesto in Hyderabad on Friday. Like Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan, Congress does not want to leave any opportunity to woo the farmers of Telangana. In the manifesto, Congress has said that under the Rythu Bandhu scheme, farmers will be given Rs 15,000 annually. This amount will be given to both land owning farmers and sharecropper farmers. At present an amount of Rs 10,000 is given annually under this scheme. However, the ruling BRS (Bharatiya Rashtra Samithi) has also made an election promise of increasing the amount to Rs 15,000.
Similarly, Congress has said that if its government is formed in the state, agricultural laborers will be given Rs 12,000 annually. At the same time, a bonus of Rs 500 per quintal will be given on the minimum support price (MSP) on government purchase of paddy. The MSP of common variety paddy for Kharif marketing season 2023-24 is Rs 2183 per quintal. Congress has promised to purchase paddy at Rs 2683 per quintal. It is noteworthy that Telangana is second after Punjab in the matter of paddy procurement for the central pool. Last season, 131.86 lakh tonnes of paddy was purchased in the state.
On this occasion, Kharge said that just as we gave 5 guarantees in Karnataka and handed it over to the people there, similarly we have given 6 guarantees for Telangana also. The guarantees of Congress include the promise of Rs 2,500 per month and gas cylinders at Rs 500 for women, as well as 200 units of free electricity to all households, if the party comes to power in the state after November 30 polls. Under 'Cheyutha', Rs 4,000 social pension will be given to eligible beneficiaries and Rs 10 lakh health insurance cover.
"We have given in Karnataka and they are being implemented now. Because of the free travel in bus, women in Karnataka are visiting various temples, whichever faith they belong to. We will implement all the six guarantees given to Telangana," he said. "The manifesto is like the Gita, Quran or the Bible for us. We will implement it," Kharge said, adding that all the guarantees will be passed for implementation in the first cabinet meeting.
After releasing the Congress chief said the mood of the people of Telangana is such that the grand old party has to be brought to power, "come what may". Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Amit Shah will release the BJP's manifesto for Telangana assembly polls on November 18, party sources said.
15 main points of the 42-page manifesto, 'Abhaya Hastham':
• Farmers will be given interest free crop loans up to Rs 20 lakh.
• Crop loans of farmers up to Rs 1 lakh will be waived off.
• The amount of Rythu Bandhu Scheme will be increased to Rs 15,000 annually.
• Agricultural laborers will be given Rs 12,000 annually.
• Farmers will be provided electricity 24 hours a day without any cuts.
• Comprehensive crop insurance scheme will be introduced for all major crops.
• LPG cylinders will be given for Rs 500.
• Free bus travel facility for women.
• Up to 200 units of free electricity will be available
. Under Indiramma Uphaar Yojana, Hindus will be given Rs 1,00,000 and 10 grams of gold by the government at the time of their daughter's marriage. At the same time, minorities will be given Rs 1,60,000 for their daughter's marriage.
• Promise to provide free scooter to every girl pursuing higher education.
• A pension of Rs 25,000 per month will be given to the parents or spouses of the martyrs of the first and second phase of the Telangana movement and a government job to one member of the family.
. Cases registered against Telangana movement activists will be withdrawn and they will be allotted 250 yards of land.
• Monthly salary of Anganwadi teachers will be increased to Rs 18,000 and they will be brought under EPF.
• Congress has promised to provide pension of Rs 4000 to the elderly and health insurance up to Rs 10 lakh under the Aarogyasri scheme.